In these times and most recently the last weeks, the Danish media has reported on the fact that infertility has become somewhat of a “national disease”, and again age was to blame as the great fertility killer. Not without reason.
But there is are a lot you can do to strengthen your fertility.
Age is the major factor, but it is not the only one
It is worrying to give all women over the age of 35 the impression that it is no longer possible for them to become pregnant without infertility treatment. Not only does it put a great amount of stress on them, which in itself may have a negative affect the fertility, it also ignores the fact that there are many things that you can do to boost your fertility!
It all matters. The essential point is that many of these factors that affect fertility can be changed to the better.
Start by helping yourself
Here is a list of some thing you should consider if you want to improve fertility:
- Eat fertile, clean and unprocessed food. In combination, clean food stabilises blood sugar and are full of essential vitamins, minerals, amino acids and fatty acids. Eat as organic as possible.
- Exercise balanced. Excessive work-out or not working out at all is a no-go. My favorite is fertility yoga which can be done at home or with a trained yoga teacher. Find the type of work-out that works for you and don’t overdo it.
- Avoid fertility-stealers. These include alcohol, cigarettes, coffee, endocrine disruptions and pesticides.
- Important daily supplements. Zinc, d-vitamin, selenium, folate as well as B12 and B6 are good for you.
- Identify the obstacles. Try to identify the imbalance which may be casuing your infertility; this refers to e.g. Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), endometriosis, overweight and obesity as well as underweight.
If you have already been declared “unwillingly childless” or infertile, there is still a possibility that unregulated balances in your body can be a major reason. Be aware of any lack of certain nutritions, hormonal imbalances, undiscovered food allergies or intolerances or maybe even general problems with your digestive system.
Nanna Ewald Stigel, M.A and nutritional therapist. She has her own practice and teaches
fertility at the CET Center in Copenhagen. She is also a trained fertility yoga teacher,
Foresight Practioner and specialises in holistic fertility treatment.
Curious for more information?
If you are familiar with the Danish language, you can visit Nanna Stigel at her website nannastigel.dk or blivgravid.nu.
Don’t speak Danish? Then you’re welcome to connect Nanna Stigel directly by email.